Thursday, March 11, 2010

Religion and marriage

One more rant on religion (these are all kind of related). Someone I know, who was in the Navy, had been married to this woman, and they had two kids together. She ended up having an affair, divorced him, and took the kids away, leaving him to pay a ridiculous amount in child support. She married the man she had the affair with who was a pasture in the Navy (I think he was a Lutheran but I’m not too sure). Before the divorce even occurred he used his position to send her husband to another location, away from his wife and kids. Now the father of the kids wanted to have joint custody but of course the women fought for and won full custody, which is why he has to pay so much in child support. I’m not too sure but to me this guy doesn’t sound religious at all, otherwise he wouldn’t have done this. This is one of the biggest sins in the book, unless Lutherans are ok with coveting another’s spouse. The only thing that digs under my skin about this situation is we have here someone who claims one way of life and then contradicts it with his actions. He still practices his religion putting out a front that he is a chaste and virtuous individual, and the good people around him have no idea of this. I’m so sick of people saying how sacred marriage is when shit like this happens all the time.

1 comment:

  1. He's human. If you look carefully you'll notice all religious people contradict themselves. I'm sure he thinks he's better than everyone else because he has God

    ReplyDelete